Thursday, October 11, 2007

September vacation


Jeff and I were finally able to coordinate and get a week off of work at the same time, so we spent the middle week in September up in Michigan.

Jeff played in two golf tournaments with his Dad, sister's boyfriend Jesse and cousin Logan. They tied for first place in the second tournament - Yeah!

We also attended my 10-year class reunion while in MI. I'm happy to report it was a blast! I haven't partied that hard or stayed up that late in a long time. Since I haven't really lived in Flint for at least 9 years, I never run into people from high school. I thought I might forget some names, but it's amazing how it all comes flooding back when you see someone.

We also hung out with my family while we were in MI, but we mostly stayed around the house because my mom broke her ankle over Labor Day weekend. She's well on her way to recovery now, but when we were up there the injury was only 2 weeks old so she wasn't moving around much.

On our last day in town we stopped by the apple orchard with Jeff's parents - hot apple cider and donuts! Yum! I took this cute pic of my in-laws.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo...glad to see you blogging again. I knew the guys would do good at golfing. I didn't even recognize your Mother in law on here. She looked different, I had to enlarge the pic to see if David had a girlfriend. Nice Blog. Aunt Denise

Lauren and Jeff said...

Thanks for noticing my new blog! Every once in a while my friends tell me they check out our page, but none of them ever leave a comment. It's nice to know you care! ;)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time in Mi. on vacation. I like the picture of Deb & Dave at the orchard. This is a nice way to keep in touch. Thanks
love aunt darleen