Yum! Normally we deep fry our Thanksgiving turkey, but this year Jeff wasn't feelin' the deep fry thing (when we deep fry, the turkey is completely his responsibility). So, this year was actually the first time we have ever roasted a turkey in the oven. I was nervous, because oven turkeys are completely my responsibility. You always hear horror stories about dry turkey and forgetting to take out the giblets, etc. But, I'm happy to report that my turkey - sporting my homemade lemon oregano rub - was delicious!
Our Thanksgiving guests this year were our neighbors, Patty and Joe. We just love them to pieces. They are our family away from family. They are one of the main reasons Indiana feels like home to us.
After dinner, Morgan and Patty were playing a game on Patty's iPhone. I don't know what the game is called, but it features a dog and cat newscaster team and Morgan finds it hilarious!
The day after Thanksgiving, we continued what is now our annual tradition of going to cut down our own Christmas tree!
Can you feel the excitement ...
Jeff and I were cracking up at Morgan the whole car ride to the tree farm. She was in a quiet mood where she wasn't saying much. To us, she looked miserable in her silence and at the same time hilarious in Jeff's sunglasses.
![]() |
| Jeff dragging our tree while Morgan follows. |






3 comments:
The Griswolds are at it again!! Love Morgan in the sunglasses and she looked totally thrilled to be on this venture with ya all. The tree looks much bigger this year too!! Isn't it wonderful to have neighbors that are family too. Anxious to spend time with you at Christmas. Hugs From A. Denise
Yes, we went taller and skinnier with the tree this year. Although I'll probably always have fond memories of last year's short-fat tree since it was our first real tree as a family. Looking forward to seeing everyone at Christmas too!
I thought of you guys when we were out getting our tree. I wished I had asked for advice! I also thought of the Griswolds...completely forgetting that you referenced them last year! Great minds...
Post a Comment